I strive to provide guidance in developing your own language on the instrument, which will stay with you for lifetime.
Details of my lesson curriculums are highly tailored to the individual. Although, over the years I have found that there are topics that are universally helpful to students regardless of their levels. Some of the topics I cover in lessons are as following:
- Chord vocabulary
- Extensions, substitution, and reharmonization to help you sound fresh and get out of the rut.
- Practical application of music theory with purpose
- Music theory is simply a way of describing a sound. It is not meant to be daunting or intimidating to access. One of my main goals as a teacher is to introduce students the real way that music is supposed to be taught: much like learning a language.
- I cover things that will give you a solid ground to enable you to self-absorb valuable things just by listening to other good music and apply it to your instrument. All that is possible because you will have a concrete system to register music. A way you can hear a moment of music and break it down to yourself why and how it sounds that way so that you can recreate it. It's truly a powerful thing.
- Some of the topics I cover for this are: chord functions, chord-scales, modes, chromaticism, voice leading, etc
Technique is there to serve you execute whatever it is in your head.
Some of the topics I cover are: ergonomics, proper muting technique, alternate picking, legato, hybrid picking, double stops, vibrato, bending, etc
- Improvisation is much like a real-time speech. I believe that improvisation consists of 2 parts working in harmony. 1. Library of vocabularies developed in the past, and 2. Ability to fluently and instantly present the current moment (chord).
- I aim to help you with both of the aspects by developing a system of note choice based on intervallic relationship of the notes and the chords to enable you to convey what you hear in your head in 100% intention and conviction, but at the same time requires minimal thought process so that your lines are cohesive and fluent.
My current rates for Skype lessons are as follows:
$50 for a 1-hour block
$35 for a 30-minute block
$175 for 4 lessons booked as a bundle